This position requires weekend availability. Will be be on call for a 12 hour shift, 7:00am - 7:00pm or 7:00pm - 7:00am.
The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking qualified CNA/HHAs to perform and and/or assist with activities of daily living (ADL) and personal care as written in the client’s individualized plan of care. Work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) or Patient Care Manager (PCM). Receive scheduling assignments and direction from the PCM, Senior Leader or Scheduler. Integrate and demonstrate the core values of the VNA in all aspects of work responsibilities.
Regardless if CNA/HHA, will perform the duties of a HHA.
1. Perform ADL and personal care activities for the client according to the written assignment by the RN. Per State regulations the CNA/HHA may:
2. Provide safe, competent care to promote client health, hygiene, and comfort
3. Use/store equipment and supplies in a safe, appropriate manner; Follow VNA safety policies/procedures. Report accidents or unusual incidents immediately to the supervisor and Human Resources
4. Provide light housekeeping tasks such as meal preparation, dishwashing, laundering client’s garments, linen change, and dusting and vacuuming client’s room. Provide pet care if needed
5. Provide transportation for the client to physician appointments, errands, outside activities etc., as required
6. Follow HIPAA guidelines and maintain all protected health information (PHI) obtained in the course of work as confidential and, as such, should not be a matter of discussion with co-workers or others outside of the Agency
7. Assist the client to reach maximum potential with mobility and activities of daily living under the direction of the RN
8. Document client’s condition through written or telephony reports to ensure continuity and quality of care and maintain clinical records according to agency guidelines
9. Observe and report client physical and mental changes to RN Nurse Case Manager, Patient Care Manager or Director
10. Report accidents or unusual incidents immediately to the Director, Patient Care Manager or RN Nurse Case Manager
11. Comply with VNA policies and procedures
12. Follow safety practices, procedures and policies. Report client safety hazards to supervisor. Report work-related injury/illness immediately to Director and Human Resources
13.0Attend required meetings and complete mandatory education by the department deadline