The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking an Occupational Therapist to perform home visits and to provide skilled occupational therapy and health teaching to our patients.
1. Administer treatments as prescribed by the physician.
2. Observe patient's condition to monitor response to treatment.
3. Counsel and teach patient and s/o to accomplish goals.
4. Conduct occupational assessment/histories to determine health problems and level of functional ability.
5. Establish and follow care plan which addresses problems requiring intervention.
6. Formulate appropriate discharge plans.
7. Meet with Clerical Therapy Coordinator on a regular basis.
8. Maintain clinical records according to agency, state and federal guidelines.
9. Assist in preparation of home health aides assignments and provide guidance to aides when applicable to occupational therapy.
10. Attends case conferences on an as needed basis.
11. Participate in inservice educational programs.
12. Provide supervision to licensed occupational therapy assistants.
Must hold current licensure as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Florida with one year occupational therapy experience.