The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
*This position is full time benefit eligible at 36 hours per week!!!
The Visiting Nurse Association of the Treasure Coast is seeking a RN Weekend to work with Hospice Home Team to provide skilled nursing care in accordance with the VNA Hospice Plan of Care for each patient. As a VNA associate, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team providing compassionate, high quality care to patients and their families at end of life in a variety of settings that includes private homes, hospitals and nursing facilities. This dynamic and professionally fulfilling position calls for a high level of autonomy, organization and communication skills.
1. Identify patient/family needs, including physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors, and provide supportive care in accordance with the attending physician's orders and plan of care and VNA Hospice policies and procedures.
2. Initiate and maintain communication with attending physicians, Patient Care Managers, RN case managers, other Hospice staff members and other agencies, as needed, to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
3. Documentation in electronic medical record system is completed within agency guidelines and to meet regulatory requirements.
4. Respond to medical or emotional crisis and/or death of patient and make home/facility visit to provide direct care as appropriate. Provide appropriate support at time of death
5. Respond to all referrals as assigned by the PCM; evaluate patient condition and eligibility for Hospice care. Complete admission process per patient/family request if patient is Hospice appropriate.
6. Educate primary caregivers, volunteers and employed caregivers to provide care for patients as indicated.
7. Meet regularly with Hospice nursing staff to review problems or unique issues from weekend hours, share professional support and exchange feedback aimed toward enhancing professional growth.
8. Provide on-call coverage during on one weekend night (Saturday or Sunday) from 4:30 pm - 8:00 am.
9. Participate in VNA Hospice orientation and in-service training programs for professional staff.
10. Participate in agency and community programs as requested, to promote professional growth and understanding of Hospice care.
11. Provide on-call coverage during on one summer and one winter holiday.