The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
The VNA is seeking a full time Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) to work with our Indian River County Home Health division. Under the order of the physician, and under the direction of a registered Occupational Therapist, this position will provide skilled Occupational Therapy and health teaching to patients and their significant others in the home setting.
1. Responsibilities are directed by a registered Occupational Therapist.
2. Administer treatments as prescribed by the physician.
3. Observing, recording activities and findings in the clinical record and reporting to the physician the patient's reaction to treatment and any changes in the patient's condition.
4. Counsel and teach patient and s/o to accomplish goals.
5. Follow care plan established by a Occupational Therapist which addresses problems requiring intervention.
6. Performs discharge planning in conjunction with Occupational Therapist.
7. Meet with Clerical Therapy Scheduler on a regular basis.
8. Maintain clinical records according to agency, state and federal guidelines.
9. Attends case conferences on an as needed basis.
10. Participate in in-service educational programs.