The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
The VNA is seeking a per diem Community Wellness Nurse to promote community health and wellness by conducting blood pressure (BP) and blood sugar (BS) screenings, health fairs or immunization clinics at locations in Indian River and Brevard counties.
2. Immunization clinic role:
A) Immunization Clinic Site Manager (RN only)
B) Immunization Clinic Nurse (RN or LPN)
3. Report accidents or unusual incidents immediately to the Community Wellness Manager.
4. Attend mandatory staff meetings and in-service programs. Fulfill mandatory e-learning courses by the due date.
5. Perform all nursing duties in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act and comply with VNA and department policies and procedures.
7. Represent the VNA at Health Fairs; distribute VNA information pamphlets and answer questions about the VNA.
To perform the essential duties, the individual must be able to:
Regularly: sit, stand, walk, balance, talk, hear, feel and touch; reach and grasp with hands/arms; use hand-eye coordination, use vision for close, peripheral, depth and ability to adjust focus
Occasionally: stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb; carry/lift up to 25 pounds
Work Environment: Time is spent at various community sites; moderate noise level. Local travel is necessary within Indian River and/or Brevard counties.