The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
The Visiting Association Nursing of Treasure Coast is seeking a Counselor to work with our Hospice Department. The Counselor provides services to the patients and their significant others in patient's home, skilled nursing home, ALF, hospital or Hospice House.
1. Evaluates/assesses psycho social and financial factors of patient and significant others and administers counseling; per physician's orders.
2. Evaluate/assess need for chaplain and volunteer.
3. Establishes and follows a plan of intervention.
4. Makes appropriate referrals for patients and significant others.
5. Observes and evaluates patient's response to counseling and to referrals made.
6. Periodic joint review with agency administration for social worker interventions at VNA, and assist in planning new goals and objectives.
7. Participates in in-service programs.
8. Represents VNA Social Services at interagency and community agency meetings.
9. Participates in interdisciplinary case conferences, in services and QA activities, and community health projects.
10. Facilitates care giver support groups and bereavement support groups.
11. Prepares and keeps current documentation on electronic medical record of patients' cases for the patient's care plan.
12. Provides call services after hours and on-call on weekends, holidays and back-up call.
13. Provides crisis counseling and intervention.
14. Participates in volunteer, staff, community education, speaking engagements and community health projects.
15. Provides anticipatory grief counseling and final bereavement assessments.
16. Participates in computer documentation.