The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted 'Best Place to Work' for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
• Competitive pay
• 403(b) Retirement Savings plan
• Flexible schedules
• Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
• Free CEU credits and CPR recertification
• Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association of the Treasure Coast is seeking a per diem LPN to work with our Hospice Home Team. In this role, you will provide skilled nursing care following an initial assessment and development of a care plan by an RN.
1. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Call MD with verification of medication changes.
2. Observes patients condition to monitor response to drugs and treatments.
3. Counsels and teaches patient and s/o to accomplish goals.
4. Follows a care plan established by the RN.
5. Follows care plan which addresses problems requiring intervention.
6. Maintains clinical records according to agency, state and federal guidelines.
7. Follows discharge plans determined by RN.
8. Follow policy and procedure manual pertaining to nursing procedures and treatments.
9. Reports changes in patient condition to MD, primary case manager and/or Patient Care Manager.
10. Must work a minimum of one weekend a month; required to work one summer holiday and one winter holiday.