The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking a Per Diem Physical Therapist. Under the order of the physician, this position assumes primary responsibility for providing skilled physical therapy and health teaching to patients and their significant others in the home setting.
1. Administer treatments as prescribed by the physician.
2. Observe patient's condition to monitor response to treatment.
3. Counsel and teach patient and s/o to accomplish goals.
4. Conduct physical assessment/histories to determine health problems.
5. Establish and follow care plan which addresses problems requiring intervention.
6. Formulate appropriate discharge plans.
7. Meet with Clerical Therapy Coordinator on a regular basis.
8. Maintain clinical records according to agency, state and federal guidelines.
9. Assist in preparation of home health aides assignments and provide guidance to aides when applicable to physical therapy.
10. Attends case conferences on an as needed basis.
11. Participate in inservice educational programs.
12. Provide supervision to licensed physical therapy assistants.