The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking an LPN to make home visits and work with our Telehealth department to provide skilled nursing care following an initial assessment and development of a care plan by an RN. and to be responsible for assisting with the coordination of the Telehealth service and meeting the clinical needs of the patients through completion of patient visits.
1. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Call MD with verification of medication changes.
2. Observes patients condition to monitor response to drugs and treatments.
3. Counsels and teaches patient and s/o to accomplish goals.
4. Follows a care plan established by the RN.
5. Follows care plan which addresses problems requiring intervention.
6. Maintains clinical records according to agency, state and federal guidelines.
7. Follows discharge plans determined by RN.
8. Follow policy and procedure manual pertaining to nursing procedures and treatments.
9. Reports changes in patient condition to MD, primary case manager and/or Patient Care Manager.
10. Serves on agency committees as requested.
11. Participates in case conferences, collaborates with team members to identify need for plan modifications and readiness for discharge.
12. Participates in in-service education programs as well as scheduled staff meetings.
13. Participates in community health projects.
14. Works independently and demonstrates ability to make sound judgements.
15. Required to work one summer holiday and one winter holiday.
16. Assist with coordination of Telehealth activities including: equipment installation, patient data retrieval, monitoring of vital sign indicators and reporting any that are outside of stated range, assist with determining trends requiring follow-up, reporting findings to the designated RN, documentation of patient specific findings and action taken.
17. Accept assignments from the Telehealth Coordinator to complete patient visits depending on daily assessment of needs.
18. Support the general patient population through completion of patient visits in a time of need.
19. Demonstrates effective communication skills, including phone, fax, e-mail inclusive of knowledge of patient privacy rules as well as customer service skills with patients and all internal/external clients.
20. Supports the department in daily follow-up of assigned duties such as patient lab test oversight, patient and physician communication.