The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking a per diem RN to work with our Hospice team. You will have the opportunity to work with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team providing compassionate, high quality care to patients and their families at end of life in a variety of settings that includes private homes, hospitals and nursing facilities. This dynamic and professionally fulfilling position calls for a high level of autonomy, organization and communication skills. Must be currently licensed as an RN in the state of Florida. Hospice experience is preferred but training will be provided to the successful candidate who possesses two years experience in medical-surgical or critical care.
1. Identify patient/family needs and provide supportive care in accordance with the attending physician's orders and plan of care and VNA Hospice policies and procedures.
2. Assumes primary responsibility for a patient/family case load that includes the assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating phases of the nursing process.
3. Initiate communication with attending physicians, other Hospice staff members and other agencies, as needed, to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
4. Maintain regular communication with the Patient Care Coordinator to review caseloads. Inform the Patient Care Coordinator of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues.
5. Obtain data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family health status and incorporate that data into the plan of care.
6. Maintain up-to-date records and seek input from other team members regarding the patient plan of care to obtain additional knowledge and support. Meet regularly with Hospice nursing staff to review problems or unique issues, share professional support, and exchange feedback aimed toward enhancing professional growth.
7. Share in providing 24 hour, seven-day week coverage to patient/families. Assume role of associate nurse during on-call time or to fill patient/family needs during the absence of other primary nurses.
A.May be responsible to take after hours or weekend on call.
B.Will work one summer and one winter holiday.
8. If you decline three consecutive assignments you will be placed on inactive status.
9. Provide supervision to Home Health Aides and prepares their new assignments.
10. Provide appropriate support at time of death and period of bereavement.
11. Participate in VNA Hospice orientation and in-service training programs for professional staff. Participate in agency and community programs as requested, to promote professional growth and understanding of Hospice care.