The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted 'Best Place to Work' for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
• Competitive pay
• 403(b) Retirement Savings plan
• Flexible schedules
• Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
• Free CEU credits and CPR recertification
• Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association of the Treasure Coast is seeking a Per Diem RN to work with Home Health. Join our compassionate, dedicated team in bringing comfort, caring and relief to patients and their families.
1. Identify patient/family needs and provide supportive care in accordance with the attending physician's orders and plan of care and VNA Hospice policies and procedures.
2. Assumes primary responsibility forassigned patients that includes the assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating phases of the nursing process.
3. Initiate communication with attending physicians, other Hospice staff members and other agencies, as needed, to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
4. Maintain regular communication with the Patient Care Manager to review assigned patients. Inform the Patient Care Manager of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues.
5. Obtain data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family health status and incorporate that data into the plan of care.
6. Maintain up-to-date records and seek input from other team members regarding the patient plan of care to obtain additional knowledge and support. Meet regularly with Hospice nursing staff to review problems or unique issues, share professional support, and exchange feedback aimed toward enhancing professional growth.
7. Share in providing 24 hour, seven-day week coverage to patient/families. Assume role of associate nurse during on-call time or to fill patient/family needs during the absence of other primary nurses.
A. May be responsible for varied shifts including after hours or weekend on call.
B. Will work one summer and one winter holiday.
8. If you decline three consecutive assignments you will be placed on inactive status.
9. Provide appropriate support at time of death.
10. Participate in VNA Hospice orientation and in-service training programs for professional staff. Participate in agency and community programs as requested, to promote professional growth and understanding of Hospice care.